Hi. This is the original owner of the blog. Since 2016, VapoUrban has been delivering vaporwave information that’s unique and insightful with the help of the staff who attempt to keep this site up and running with all of their might. However, it has come to my attention that the site could do a lot better under new ownership, hence why I have decided to pass on ownership to Sworly.
You may have noticed that I rearranged some things; this was done to make things flow more fluidly and to make it easier to find some of your favorite content. Here are some things that you should take note of.
- Everything is now available in the front page. This is due to the fact that separating the info into categories was a stupid idea and me realizing that having everything on the front page is a significantly better idea.
- The top bar is now smaller and contains all the essential links with better organization.
- I’ve gotten rid of ratings as I’ve realized that vaporwave is subjective and that traditional star ratings don’t really do justice to the purpose of the reviews, which have always been to highlight the best and the worst of what the music has to offer.
- Everything looks a bit nicer. I’ve learned some CSS along the way and I’ve made some fixes and tweaks so that everything looks a bit more professional.
- On the backend, the theme now supports multi-page articles and WordPress’ new block features. So writers/editors can now make the articles of their dreams.
As for me myself; I’m going to stick around and make sure that the site design and backend stuff work smoothly. I may write an article or two here and there but that’s about it, Sworly will have administrative and editorial duties alongside the existing staff of people I have selected beforehand.
I didn’t know that the site would become hugely popular back then and I still think that there is a place for a vaporwave site that explores the more unknown side in contrast to the recent popularity that vaporwave has experienced. Private Suite Magazine may be the top dog when it comes to vaporwave but this site serve it’s own niche too.
I’d like to thank every single one who I’ve interacted with throughout the duration of my tenure and I’d like to say that even though I make mistakes and even though I’m not perfect in anyway, I feel like the mistakes I’ve made have lead me to make better choices and has allowed me to better myself, to all those who I have hurt in vaporwave. I’m deeply sorry and I really hope that I can rebuild all the bridges of which I have burnt.
I know some of you may enjoy my antics but I’ve lost a lot of interest in vaporwave and I feel like it’s time for me to move on.
I’ve got a trick or two up my sleeves though, there will be contests in the future where you can win a cassette of a vaporwave release whether past or present. I’m not letting VapoUrban die without a fight.
So without any delay. Thank you for the fish and I hope VapoUrban lives to see another day.
Sincerily, the site owner.